Carry baggage for guests arriving and leaving hotel. Perform “guest roaming procedures”. Place luggage in room. Turn on lights. Point out special features of the room-TV controls, temperature controls, wet bar, room service menu, telephone services, etc. Point out security guidelines on back of door and closest exit to stairs. Inform guests of any specials or pertinent information associated with their stay.
Maintain orderliness in lobby lounge area and other public rooms by picking up newspaper, supplies in writing desk. Deliver packages for the guest and perform other errands. Observe any unusual persons or activities and report same to manager. Ensure the safety and security of guest and employees. Other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent. One year experience as a bellhop in a high volume hotel.
Standing 20%, Walking 20%, Lifting 20% (up to 75 lbs. from waist), Bending 20%, Climbing 10%, and Sitting 10%.
- 20% (up to 75 lbs. from waist)
- High school diploma is required. A valid drivers license is required. Proficiency with manual and automatic transmissions. One year experience in valet or transportation.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of a computer and telephone system. Knowledge of the Innkeepers laws and required OSHA regulations. Good oral communication skills. Ability to read, write, and follow simple instructions. Ability to work under pressure in an interruptive environment.
- Always maintain a pleasant, friendly, and welcoming attitude at all times. Have complete knowledge of all special events and promotional activities.