Under the direction of the Director of Food and Beverage and the Food and Beverage Manager, the Beverage Supervisor is responsible for the successful operation of the casino beverage department. The Beverage Supervisor is accountable for directing the work of various beverage department staff; implementing, directing, and coordinating all aspects of casino beverage operations. And, for the flow of operations on each shift. The successful Beverage Supervisor will seek to analyze and interpret departmental needs in order to achieve desired results and goals.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- College degree preferred with emphasis on Food Service, or equivalent work experience in the food service industry.
- Minimum of two to three years of experience in bar or restaurant operations/supervision.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal regulations including OSHA, Alcohol Beverage Control, health and sanitation ordinances, and HACCP principles.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Possess outstanding Customer Service skills and patience with the ability to meet and greet customers and guests in a professional manner.
- Ability to train and evaluate personnel in all areas of responsibility.
- Regular attendance with flexibility in scheduling while maintaining an upbeat attitude.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid Responsible Vendor permit and Alcohol Beverage Ordinance card.
- Must demonstrate the ability to obtain and maintain any licenses, permits, insurance, or indemnifications necessary for the completion of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position, or for the protection of the Company’s assets, employees, or patrons.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality relative to financial data, casino policies, procedures and promotions.
- Knowledge of food & beverage operations, sales, front desk, reservation procedures, and Innkeeper Laws.
- Accounting knowledge suitable to understand and analyze standard accounting documents including budgets, profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and general ledgers.
- Maintaining interpersonal working relationships among all personnel.
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to effectively manage a staff.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Public relations and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to be accurate in completing assigned duties, paperwork, returning phone calls and reports.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures in an interruptive environment.
- Ability to analyze and interpret departmental needs and results.
- Ability to solve complex problems. Planning and organizational ability.
- Ability to work all shifts as needed, including days, nights, and weekends.
- Knowledge of the English Language, including spelling and vocabulary, rules of grammar and composition.
- Mathematics skills sufficient to calculate and settle guest account, conduct analysis of departmental sales and receipts, and perform calculations and analytics requisite to the production of departmental audits and budgeting.
- Ability to work an irregular schedule while maintaining an upbeat attitude.
- Ability to use all equipment associated with the position, including, but not limited to, the following
- Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel, Word, & Outlook)
- Hand held radio or walkie-talkie
- Copy and fax machine
- Point of Sale System (including MICROS)
- Other standard office equipment as may be necessary to fulfill job duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the highest standard of quality and prompt guest service.
- Resolve guest concerns or complaints in order to maintain positive customer relations. Take responsibility to actively build and retain guest service relationships.
- Develop and direct beverage service operations in accordance with approved policies, policies, budgets, procedures and specifications.
- Assist the Beverage Department in the hiring, training, and supervision of new and current employees.
- Monitor and enforce company and departmental policy and procedure with regard to safety, health, and other applicable regulations.
- Responsible for various clerical duties including staffing, payroll administration, schedule planning, overtime management, and staff motivation.
- Analyzes operating practices, such as record keeping systems, form controls, personnel and budgetary requirements and performance standards to create new systems or revise established procedures.
- Delegate responsibility effectively and assign duties related to casino beverage operations.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality relative to financial data, team member information, casino, hotel operating procedures, company and promotions and policies.
- Achieve departmental and individual performance goals and duties in a timely manner.
- Provide various oral and written reports to the Director of Food & Beverage.
- Ensure the safety and Security of employees and Customers.
- Perform all other incidental and related duties as required and/or assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- While performing these job duties, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand, walk, sit; use hands to move fingers, handle, and/or feel; and talk and/or hear.
- Ability to observe and have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral visions with depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Normal daily physical activity included within an 8-10 hour work day may include extensive walking, climbing stairs, bending, and stooping, kneeling, reaching over head, carrying trays, pushing, and pulling.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds without assistance.
- Work is performed primarily indoors in a thermostatically-controlled environment and/or areas that may be located in a high rise hotel or atrium with regular use of elevator and/or stairs.
- Exposure to various chemicals used in the maintenance of property.
- Usually works in a moderate to loud noise level, and smoke filled environment that is located on a boat and/or floating barge.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and close space while working with others.
- The position is responsible to the Food and Beverage Manager for the successful performance of assigned duties.