Under the direction of the Kitchen Manager and the Food & Beverage Manager, the Grill Attendant must conduct oneself in a manner that reflects a friendly, positive, and professional image. The successful candidate will provide outstanding guest service to our customers and work as a team-player with the rest of the food & beverage staff. This individual will be able to operate the cash register; accept cash, credit cards, and casino complementaries; balance the cash drawer; clean the restaurant, kitchen equipment, and work space; prepare & cook food items in a safe, timely, and appealing fashion; follow recipes; maintain food quality and correct portion sizes; assemble customer orders; assist with opening and/or closing the restaurant; ordering and rotating food & beverage items; and other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Requires reading and math skills for recipes, measurements, and cash management.
- Prefer one year of experience in a food service, restaurant, and/or culinary operation.
- Ability to use all equipment associated with the position, including, but not limited to, the following
- Ability to operate cash register & credit card machine.
- Safely operating kitchen equipment & utensils (knives)
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting (up to XX pounds), and standing for extended period of time.
- High school diploma is required. A valid drivers license is required. Proficiency with manual and automatic transmissions. One year experience in valet or transportation.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet guests and other team members in a friendly and courteous fashion.
- Maintain a clean kitchen, restaurant, and work environment.
- Ability to use a cash register and credit card machine.
- Accept and safeguard cash, credit cards, and casino complementaries & coupons.
- Follows recipes and procedures to ensure food costs and quality.
- Ability to safely operate kitchen equipment & utensils including knives, slicer, stove, deep fryer, ovens, broiler, grill, mixer, and flat top.
- Work in a fast-paced environment to accurately take orders, cook food, and prepare/serve guest meals.
- Communicate effectively with guests and other team members.
- Adhere to health department standards and follow alcoholic beverage laws.
- Properly rotate and store food items.
- Empty trash and clean tables.
- Clean, sanitize, and store kitchen equipment, pots, pans, and cooking utensils.
- Ability to work all shifts as needed, including days, nights, weekends and/or holidays.
- Punctual attendance is required.
- Perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
- Always maintain a pleasant, friendly, and welcoming attitude. Knowledge of all special events and promotions available to guests.