HOSPITALITY ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Under the direction of the Director of Hotel Operations and the Director of Food and Beverage, the Hospitality Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing exceptional internal & external guest service for hotel and food & beverage areas. Well qualified candidates will possess the following aptitudes. Coordinating and assisting with daily administrative responsibilities in a timely & accurate manner. A strong understanding of accounting and billing relating to internal and external parties. Processing and assisting with payroll and HR related responsibilities. Also able to follow all polices & procedures required by the Louisiana Hospitality Industry and the company. Assisting with special projects & studies as needed. Excellent communication, a strong initiative and organizational skills are vital.
- College degree or equivalent work experience required and/or preferred;
- Minimum two-three years’ experience in Hotel or customer service operations
- Must be 21 years of age
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Knowledge of applicable Hospitality regulations, training and auditing procedures as related to day-to-day operations
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures and in an interruptive environment
Ability to use all equipment associated with the position, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Lodging Management Software
- Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel, Word, & Outlook)
- Telephone (Manage telephone routing switch for reservations)
- 10 key calculator
- Copy and fax machine
- Point of Sale System
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality relative to financial data, casino policies, procedures and promotions.
- Knowledge of food & beverage operations, housekeeping, sales, front desk, reservation procedures, and Innkeeper Laws.
- Accounting knowledge suitable to conduct all standard hotel bookkeeping functions, and to understand and analyze standard accounting documents including budgets, profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and general ledgers.
- Maintaining interpersonal working relationships among all personnel.
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to effectively manage a staff.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Public relations and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to be accurate in completing assigned duties, paperwork, returning phone calls and reports.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures in an interruptive environment.
- Ability to analyze and interpret departmental needs and results.
- Ability to solve complex problems. Planning and organizational ability.
- Ability to work all shifts as needed, including days, nights, and weekends.
- Knowledge of the English Language, including spelling and vocabulary, rules of grammar and composition.
- Mathematics skills sufficient to calculate and settle guest account, conduct analysis of departmental sales and receipts, and perform calculations and analytics requisite to the production of departmental audits and budgeting.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the online travel agency bookings, billing, reconciliations, monitor night audit reports and charges, compile and report month end revenue and expense data. Maintain group contracts and assist in building and billing functions in Sales department.
- Analyzes operating practices, such as record keeping systems, form controls, personnel and budgetary requirements and performance standards to create new systems or revise established procedures.
- Assist, coordinate, and participate in meetings and appointments with Hotel Operations, Sales, and Food & Beverage.
- Assume ownership of positively influencing the guest experience, answers guest’s complaints and resolve or assists in resolving problems. Maintains efficient, cost effective and high quality services to the customers.
- Maintains accurate records including credit card receipts, registration cards, reservation cards, direct bills, credit cards, and other related requirements.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality relative to financial data, team member information, casino, hotel operating procedures, company and promotions and policies.
- Assist Management in monitoring local competition and prepare analysis reports, work with Rate Manager for Group Sales events, hotel bookings and local events.
- Achieve departmental and individual performance goals and duties in a timely manner.
- Interact with Revenue Management, Housekeeping, Sales, Food & Beverage and Marketing as it relates to the flow of the guest experience. Assists and advises other departments and company personnel, as necessary to assure the success of the Hospitality Departments and the company overall. Meet with departmental directors and managers as necessary.
- Provide various oral and written reports to the Director of Hotel Operations and Director of Food & Beverage.
- Assist with Hotel and Health inspections by government agencies.
- Adheres to all company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
- Perform all other incidental and related duties as required and/or assigned.
- The position is responsible to the Director of Hotel Operations and the Director of Food & Beverage for the successful performance of assigned duties by the departments.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing these job duties, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand, walk, sit; use hands to move fingers, handle, and/or feel; and talk and/or hear.
- Reach with hands and arms, with repetitive wrist movement when working computers or office equipment.
- Ability to observe and have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral visions with depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Normal daily physical activity included within an 8-10 hour work day may include sitting and keyboarding, standing, & walking.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Work is performed indoors in a thermostatically-controlled office environment and/or areas that may be located in a high rise hotel or atrium with regular use of elevator and/or stairs.
- Exposure to various chemicals used in the maintenance of property.
- Usually works in a moderate to loud noise level, and smoke filled environment when on the Casino floor that may be located on a boat and/or floating barge.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and close space while working with others.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND TRAINING
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Two (2) years administration experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft computer software with strong knowledge of Excel and VI systems.
- Possess outstanding Customer Service skills and patience with the ability to meet and greet customers and guests in a professional manner.
- Ability to train and evaluate personnel in all areas of responsibility.
- Regular attendance with flexibility in scheduling while maintaining an upbeat attitude.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid State Gaming License and Responsible Vendor card.
- Must demonstrate the ability to obtain and maintain any licenses, permits, insurance, or indemnifications necessary for the completion of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position, or for the protection of the Company’s assets, employees, or patrons.