PLANNING AND ANALYSIS MANAGER
This position is responsible for providing analytical expertise and consulting support to departmental and executive management. Develops, evaluates, and conveys strategic insight focusing on marketing, gaming, labor and other operational efficiencies as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Makes recommendation on property operations or property processes to enact improvements in guest service, guest satisfaction, efficiency, property revenue, and / or property EBITDA.
- Builds the organization’s capability in the area of labor efficiency and assists management team in understanding labor productivity drivers and methods. Forecasts labor demand and align with department scheduling.
- Assists in evaluating and recommending productivity and efficiency standards. Collaborates with departmental and executive management in an effort to meet the defined standards. Develops, maintains and distributes key operating metrics to evaluate attainment of company s operating, service, and financial objectives.
- Assists in the calculation of profitability of marketing programs. Analyze results to identify opportunities for improving efficiency of marketing expenditures. Communicates findings and makes recommendations to executive team.
- Performs queries of various data bases to extract data for use in financial and operational analytics and reports. Prepares ad-hoc analysis as needed. Formulate operational and strategic recommendations based on results.
- May be responsible for developing, monitoring, and reporting on a guest survey and/or guest loyalty program. May utilize Net Promoter Score as the methodology for this program.
- May assist with the preparation of the annual budget.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned to accommodate business needs.
- The position reports to the General Manager with an indirect reporting relationship to the VP of Finance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing these job duties, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand, walk, sit; use hands to move fingers, handle, and/or feel; and talk and/or hear;
- Reach with hands and arms, with repetitive wrist movement when working computers or office equipment;
- Ability to observe and have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral visions with depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Normal daily physical activity included within an 8-10 hour work day may include Sitting and Keyboarding, Standing, & Walking.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Work is performed indoors in a thermostatically-controlled office environment and/or areas that may be located in a high rise hotel or atrium with regular use of elevator and/or stairs.
- Exposure to various chemicals used in the maintenance of property.
- Usually works in a moderate to loud noise level, and smoke filled environment when on the Casino floor that may be located on a boat and/or floating barge.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and close space while working with others.
- High school diploma is required. A valid drivers license is required. Proficiency with manual and automatic transmissions. One year experience in valet or transportation.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university preferred, or equivalent experience or combination of education in statistics, business, data management, operations and/financial analytics, or related field.
- Two (2) years’ experience as an Operations Analyst, in an operation or research analyst role, or in a related position.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel. Visual Basic and Microsoft Access program knowledge helpful.
- Ability to utilize queries including Cognos.
- Excellent communications, grammar, and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and detailed-oriented aptitude with a high degree of accuracy is required
- Able to multitask, set priorities, and manage time efficiently with a goal-oriented, organized team player and readily adapt to change
- Attention to details, great upbeat attitude, ability to take the initiative, complete cooperation with other management team members and be resourceful.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION & TRAINING
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Relevant Certifications preferred.
- Possess outstanding Customer Service skills and patience with the ability to meet and greet customers and guests in a professional manner;
- Regular attendance with flexibility in scheduling while maintaining an upbeat attitude.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid State Gaming License.
- Must demonstrate the ability to obtain and maintain any licenses, permits, insurance, or indemnifications necessary for the completion of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position, or for the protection of the Company’s assets, employees, or patrons.